Vegetables are well-known to be one of the healthiest foods to consume for many reasons. Especially the green leafy ones! They are so popular because they contain a beneficial concentration of vitamins and minerals as well as being low in calories which make them very interesting nutrient-dense foods. You should consume them on a daily basis. Making your own smoothie at home allow you to ingest a considerable number of veggies and is a quick way to start the day with a healthy and balanced beverage. This greens, mango and basil smoothie recipe is easy to make and it contains simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Plus, it is so delicious and fresh!
- 1 cup of fresh organic spinach
- ¼ cup of fresh organic celery
- ½ cup of fresh organic cucumber
- 1/3 cup of fresh organic apple
- ½ cup of fresh organic mango
- 3-4 fresh organic basil leaves
- ½ tsp of chopped fresh organic ginger
- 2 tbsp of freshly pressed organic lemon juice
SUUUUPER DUPER easy:
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Optional adds-in: a scoop of plant-based protein powder, a tbsp of nut butter or some superfood such as hemp seed, spirulina or matcha tea powder.
To facilitate the absorption of the vitamins and minerals try to drink your green smoothie with a handful of nuts and seeds at the same time. Your intestine absorbs better certain vitamins when paired with a healthy fat source.
If you are running out of time or simply don’t have a blender you can click here to have a look at all the smoothies we offer. We deliver straight to your door.
If you have tried our greens, mango and basil smoothie recipe and you liked it, let us know in our comments section below.
More delicious smoothie recipes ?